Sunday, September 15, 2013

3.1 Phillip Lim for Target

I have been extremely excited for this collection to be released since the day it was announced.  Not only was this collaboration designed by one of my absolute favorite designers but it was being sold exclusively at my all time favorite store.  The 3.1 Phillip Lim for target collection had been anticipated to be as successful as the Missoni for Target collection.  I did not shop the Missoni collection when it came out but from what i have heard i would say it was a fair comparison.

Although the whole collection is amazing, i was planning on only buying a few of the handbags shown in the look book.  Phillip Lim is known for making exquisite handbags and this collection was no exception.  They were very well designed and the colors were very fitting for the season.  I woke up bright and early and arrived at my local Target at around 7:55am.  Pulling into the parking lot i could already see a small crowd gathering near the entrance of the store, as expected.  I parked and approached the front to wait in anticipation with the rest of the crowd.  At 8am on the dot the doors opened and the madness begun.  Everybody sped towards the neat and organized display for the collection, they all seemed to be gathering and grabbing from the same area of the display, which was where the mini satchels were.  Within the first minute, all of the mini satchels in yellow were GONE.  This one bag was probably the prized item that everyone wanted from this collection.  There were a few of the larger handbags and cross body bags but they were snatched up quick by one of the other early morning shoppers.  By 8:05am, all of the handbags on the display were depleted and this was when a Target employee rolls out a stock cart with more of the Phillip Lim handbags.  I dove for the cart and started picking through all of the bags. This was my chance to get all of the items that i had planned on getting. After my hands and arms were all full with the loot i made my way to the cash register and paid for my items.  After about a 10 minute early morning shopping ordeal at Target this is what i made it away with:
-Top Handle Crossbody in black and taupe
-Mini Satchel with Gusset in black and taupe

I love the items that i purchased and can definitely see myself wearing them this coming season.

xoxo, Alice
  

No comments:

Post a Comment