Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Jo Malone English Pear & Fresia.


Last week i had the pleasure of purchasing my very first Jo Malone cologne. I chose the scent English Pear & Fresia, a classic by many standards.  This decision did not come easy as Jo Malone offers a wide variety of heavenly smelling scents.  The first time i approached the Jo Malone booth at my local Nordstrom, over a year ago, was really out of curiosity.  Right when i walked into Nordstrom i could smell the sweet aroma of Jo Malone colognes mixing in the air, the smell overtook the whole downstairs of the store. The smell was so appealing that i had to find out where it was coing from. I  scoured the beauty department until i found the source.


I had never heard of Jo Malone before and never really noticed the display of the colognes in the store.  I was greeted by a friendly sales associated, she asked if i had ever tried their scents and of course i said no.  She then briefly explained what the company was about and then went through all the scents with me.  The colognes were split into 6 different categories citrus, fruity, light floral, floral, spicy & woody. I tested a few of the scents which were lovely but just not right.  I told her i preferred more fruity sweet scents so she handed me English Pear & Fresia and told me this was one of their most popular scents.  I tested it on a paper strip and knew it was the one i wanted.  It was sweet and fruity but fresh and had a hint of floral.  The combinations of smells together were refined and delightful.
I had been putting off buying this perfume for a while now, my excuses usually being "It's too expensive" or "I dont need a new scent".  This past week i finally committed to buying it!  It was the perfect time, i needed a new fresh everyday scent for the spring and it was triple points at Nordstrom!

I was looking on the Jo Malone website and found this for the description for English Pear & Fresia:

  • "English Pear & Freesia, a scent that is inspired by a walk in an orchard and captures the luscious scent of just-ripe pears, cooled by the autumn air, ready to twist free from the tree. Experience the surprising, sensuous freshness of sweet pears, wrapped in a bouquet of white freesias, on a subtle background of scrambling wild roses and skin-warming amber, patchouli and woods."
I think this description describes it so well and i could definitely immagine myself in the scenario when i wear this scent.  I have been obsessed with wearing it and love the lasting power it has. I can honestly say this perfume stays on all day and does not wear off. I am very happy with this purchase and do not regret spending the amount i did.  I am now planning on buying my next Jo Malone cologne, maybe within the next year, so i can layer my English Pear & fresia with another scent.  

xoxo Alice



No comments:

Post a Comment